Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Royal Gorge Train

All Aboard!!
Day 2 we took in the Royal Gorge train, train ride was a couple of hours and after having to stand in line for a short period to get tickets we  finally boarded.  Poor Shelley got pushed while standing in line by some very rude person that was very impatient!!  Here are some pictures as we wait to depart the station!!
This was the "Vista Dome" car



You'll notice pictures of me with my Hat on backwards, I promise Im not turning into a gang member, when I take pictures I have to turn my hat around so the brim doesn't hit my flash.  Dylan is becoming quite the good photographer, he took this picture of Shelley and me with my DSLR!


AW the long awaited bridge.. We will show you the bottom today and then the view from the top tomorrow.


The staff on the train are very friendly and we really enjoyed the train ride, Dylan hasn't stopped talking about it.  After that we grabbed a bite at the infamous Pizza Madness and then headed out to Skyline Drive for a very scenic view of Canon City.

After a very nice scenic tour we decided to check out the Holly cross Abby and the Winery, The kids like walking thru the grape fields and enjoyed playing in the nice open area.  Of course they have a great logo!!
After the winery we took a quick tour of the dinosaur museum, while small it was definably geared towards kids, it was just what are two needed, they played colored and got to dig for bones in walnut shells!!
Since the Hotel Internet seems to never work at night the pictures are of the day before, I've called tech support 2x both around 10pm so Im sure he will be real glad when I leave canon City.  Today we are off to see the Gorge bride and then take a very scenic drive back towards Colorado Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment