Thursday, July 1, 2010

Waste Managment... What a WASTE!!!

THE WASTE!!

We have been getting our trash picked up by Waste Management since we moved into our house ~8 years ago.  They used to do a great job picking up our trash however they only picked it up once a month.  Now this is not a big deal considering they gave us a 3yard dumpster, and that is more than enough to hold all the trash for a month.  However ~6months ago they decided that we needed to switch to a "FRONT LOADER" because they were easier to dump and only required a 1 man team.  AHHH A sign of the times when the trash company is cutting back, anyway that is when the trouble started.  One of the downsides of a front loader is that the trash truck is much heavier, and thus anytime there is a small amount of water in the driveway they refuse to pickup our trash.  However they note on the account that they picked it up!  So almost every month for the last 6 months we've had to call and complain to get our trash picked up.  So last month we finally had it when they said no we will not come out because we picked up your trash and you just filled it up again!!  Both me and my lovely wife were IRATE!!  So I called up another trash company to find out the rates and low and behold they were $15.00 cheaper each month AND they pick up our trash every week!!  SWEET..... NOT!! I called WM only to find out we signed a 3 year contract and we were 2 years in to that contract, in order to DUMP them we would have to pay ~$625.00.  So I started to look for holes in the contract were we could get out, and there was a section about them not being able to provide services, After reading the long 2 paragraphs about them providing service I read the last line... "Including acts of GOD"  Really so any reason that they didn't cover they could blame on GOD?  Is it safe to say that I could find all of the Waste Management staff in church on SUNDAY?  I think not.  Well after a month of fighting with them and waiting for phone call after phone call that I never received to inform me how we would resolve this issue.  I finally managed to get past all the pee on's to a higher level Manager "Tammy Cormos"  Direct line 1-303-486-6062.  After explaining in grave detail my dealings with Waste Management she was more than willing to terminate our services as a "FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICE" thus removing us from all obligations of paying the contract out.  I came home last night to no GREEN dumpster at my house HORRAY!!  Tomorrow I look forward to starting a new relationship with my brown dumpster supplied by Northern Colorado Disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment