Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Royal Gorge

The Big White Bridge

As we headed to the Royal Gorge bridge that is what my son kept calling the bridge, when are we going to go on the big white bridge.  Even after we went across and saw the bridge he said, we haven't went on the big bridge yet.  I guess when you see it from below it looks bigger than when you are on top of it.
 

After I forgot my memory card in my laptop and had to walk back to the truck something told me that getting a golf cart would be fun.  Well I hooked it up and it was probably the best 15 bucks spent on the trip, we drove that thing everywhere.  The kids loved it and it made doing everything with a cranky Seanna much easier.


The bridge is really quite awesome when you get on top of it but it takes a view from the side to really appreciate the workmanship of the bridge.  Shelley pointed out this spot as being a great spot to take a picture of the bridge.


They have lots to do at the Gorge and you can spend as little or as much time as you like, having the cart we were able to do soo much more in a lot shorter period of time.  I took the time out and threw some Axes which was fun and I was quite good at it, the kids liked the merry go round and I couldn't convince Shelley to ride the big SWING!

After we left the Gorge we went back to Canon City had lunch and then headed out for a very scenic drive while the kids napped on Phantom Creak road.  This is part of the Gold Belt tour and someday I would love to do the whole tour on a motorcycle.  I know my dad would love it also so the plan is for the boys to get bikes and take a tour!!  There are lots of cool scenery along the way the bridge is awesome also and not bad for a bunch of miners!!

Sure wouldn't be right If I didn't get a self portrait!!

Maybe another Image that could be up on flickr!!


Off to Santa's workshop if the weather will hold out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment